As we all know that range extenders are used for spreading the range of the internet range all over the house. These devices are well known to cover dead zones and poor connectivity areas where a router alone can’t reach. In this article, mywifiext.solutions will provide you some valuable steps for the configuration of NETGEAR Extender Setup manually.
NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender Manual Steps
If you have NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender with an Ethernet Port, then:
- Use a computer and connect it with your latest firmware and updated range extender.
- Log into the web user interface of your range extender by typing mywifiext.net into field of the address bar of a web browser.
- You will be now prompt to enter username and password (default).
- Once you are in the home page of NETGEAR Genie Setup (smart wizard), go to ‘setup’ and click on ‘wireless settings’. Now, you will tend check the value in the network key (password) field under the ‘security option’.
- Click ‘apply’.
- Now, you can connect the smart devices with range extender and enjoy streaming your favorite videos without any buffering or signal breakage at the backyard or top floor of your house.
If you have a NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender without an Ethernet Port, then:
- Unplug your range extender and reset it back to its factory default settings.
- Now, connect your range extender with your existing WiFi.
- Log into the web interface of your New Extender Setup by typing mywifiext into field of the address bar.
- Enter default login credentials (username and password).
- Follow all the positive responses of NETGEAR Genie Setup wizard to configure your router with the range extender.
- Now, connect your entire smart devices with the range extender and enjoy high-range of internet connectivity all over the house.
If you are still experiencing issues with your range extender and mywifiext.net setup, do give us a call on toll-free number 1-888-674-6890 and get instant solution to your brainteaser and annoying issues.
NETGEAR Extender Setup using the Web GUI
- Plug in your range extender into an electrical outlet out of the reach of neighboring or public WiFi.
- Let the LED lights on your device starts blinking.
- Connect your computer to the range extender using a WiFi connection.
- Launch a web browser.
- In the field of address bar type net.
If the mentioned URL doesn’t work, you can also type 192.168.1.250 (default IP address of range extender) for mywifiext.net login.
- Click on the button ‘New Extender Setup’.
- Fill the required field on the displayed page and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Assure that the ‘Access Point’ switch is set to the extender.
- Click ‘Continue’ button.
- Select that WiFi whose range you want to extend. Once selected, hit ‘Next’.
- In the fields of password (network key), type the details of existing WiFi network password.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Now, set a safe, secure, reliable password and network name for your extender. Once done, hit ‘Next’.
Using your login details (not default) connect your WiFi devices to the range extender. Once you have successfully connected your devices with the range extender, hit ‘Continue’.
Note: On your Mac computer or an Apple device, open a web browser and type Mywifiextnet.local into field of the address bar.
- Now, a registration page will display. Click ‘Next’. You are now prompt to complete the registration fields and after that click ‘Finish’ to complete the setup.
Now, you can move your range extender to its intended location.
Ask for mywifiext.net support and NETGEAR Extender Support from our technicians on toll-free number mentioned above.