Thanks to the proliferation and internalization of technology in our daily lives, having and ordering a food of your choice while travelling in a train has become more and more delightful. Very recently the option of ordering food while on your train journey from your restaurant or eatery of your choice has become a living possibility. All you need to do is download the necessary app on your phone and you can place the order from a restaurant in a city where your train will halt and have the items delivered to you at your seat!
Exciting isn’t it? Well in order to ensure a smooth and satisfying Delivery of Food in Trains, there are certain things that you can do on your behalf. Wondering what they are? Come take a look:
- You have to understand very clearly about the way this delivery process works. The food gets delivered from a restaurant of a city that your train will pass on its way. It has to stop there for at least sometime so that the delivery boy can board and deliver the parcel to your seat and then also get the time to alight. Hence please make sure that when you place the order it is at a junction or important station where the stoppage time is five minutes or so.
- If you want to enjoy fresh food, then you will have to give the eatery enough time to make it and the delivery boy to reach the platform to deliver it you. Wondering how you can do that? It’s simple really. All you have to do is make sure that you place the order well beforehand. Make sure that there is at least a time window of two to three hours for a hassle free order. Plus there are higher chances that you will get the food of your choice if you order early.
- There always remains a possibility that you might not get the food item of your choice since there are certain items that the eatery might not deliver on trains. So be prepared. Generally most of the apps will show you the available food items on the menu of the eatery, but nevertheless it is best not to create a fuss about it. If need be order something else that they will be able to serve you.
- Do make sure that you make the payment properly. If you have opted for cash on delivery then it is best that you have extra change with you since there will be little or no time for the delivery boy to look for change and then pass it on to you.
- And lastly, be considerate. Do not create a fuss over petty issues. A lot depends on you when it comes to enjoying a smooth order and hence you need to be cooperative from your end as well.
These are certain basic things that you need to follow from your end if you want to make sure that you enjoy a happy and hassle free food delivery on your train.