Located in a region called Kumaon in Uttarakhand, Nainital is a celebrated hill station. A lot of tourists from all across the country come to this hill station to stay here for a couple of days.
This is one of the top most tourist destinations in the country, hence when it comes to finding the perfect hotel in Nainital you will be spoilt for choices. There are a lot of things to see and experience here which add to the overall beauty of this hill station. Let us take a look at some of the wonders that Nainital has in store for us:
- The first attraction of Nainital is definitely the Naini Lake. The Naini Lake is the place that everyone goes to first when they come to Nainital. Not only is it beautiful, but it is also a place where you can enjoy a lot of fun activities with your family and loved ones. You can enjoy boating and other related activities or just sit quietly by the lake, joining in the merriment in your own way.
- Viewpoints are what Nainital is all about. In fact you have not seen Nainital properly if you have not seen the viewpoints that this hill station has. The Snow View Point is a very celebrated view point of this hill station which offers a lovely view of the snow covered peaks of the Himalayas. You can try out trekking to the top of this view point as well for a refreshing experience. It is the ideal place to catch a sunrise from. You can plan and head out to this place in the wee hours of the morning, so that you can watch the sun rising from here.
- Tiffin Top or Dorothy’s seat is another view point of Nainital. This is known as the Dorothy’s seat because a British girl named Dorothy used to sit and paint the view from this very spot. When you visit this place you will understand why Dorothy had chosen this particular spot for it provides a lovely view of the mountain ranges. This is a very popular tourist attraction and if you want you can catch the sunrise from here as well.
- A very interesting spot in Nainital is the Land’s End. This is the place where you get to see greenery that lines the slopes of the hills. It is a couple of kilometres away from the main centre of the city and if you want you can walk to this place or avail any kind of transport, from taxis to hired ponies to travel to this place!
- And last but not the least, look for 5 star hotels in Nainital that are near or on the mall road, since this is the most happening part of the town. Lined with shops and crowded with people, not only is the mall road really beautiful but it is also a place which is the lifeline of Nainital.
These are some of the sites that you ought to visit when in Nainital. So when you plan your trip, plan accordingly!