Everyone know that San Francisco is beautiful and worth visiting. Everyone also knows that San Francisco is a bit expensive, both for people living there and for those who visit. How then does one enjoy visiting this amazing city in RV rentals without spending their savings?
San Francisco is a gorgeous city with beautiful places, a lot to do and a lot going on. It has a unique culture and style that you don’t just find anywhere in the U.S. It’s no wonder that it’s a favorite destination for people who like traveling in RV rentals, but you may question if you’ll actually be able to enjoy your visit if everything is so pricey.
The great news is that while it is an expensive destination, there are plenty of ways to explore the city on a budget. Everyone wants to visit the best cities in their country but of course a high budget can be a downer for anyone who just can’t spend the prices that are prevalent in the destination. The following ideas are only a few of the ways that you can have a good time without overspending:
- Go to the Golden Gate Bridge. I mean, if you’re going to be in San Francisco, you may as well go see one of the sites that it’s most famous for. It costs nothing to hang out at Golden Gate Park and nothing to cross this world-famous bridge. Trust us when we say that it is an experience. The view from the bridge, the exhilaration of standing on such a high bridge, and the beauty of the bridge from the park make it a must-do for anyone visiting the area.
- Go for a hike in the Presidio. An all-time favorite location in San Francisco, Presidio is a must for hikers who want get out and enjoy the views that you can’t find anywhere else. A great walk that many people enjoy doing when they really want to face a challenge is to hike from Ocean Beach to the Presidio. It will take you through nature, along the coast, and even through neighborhoods. If you’ve been looking for a unique hiking experience, this could be the experience you’ve been hoping for.
- Enjoy some wine tasting at Fat Grape Winery. California is full of vineyards and wineries but it’s not always so easy to get to them or find affordable wine tasting experiences. Do not fret. Right smack in San Francisco, you’ll find Fat Grape Winery that offers free wine tasting, so if you want to enjoy some great local wines, then head on over.
- Check out the Sea Lions at Pier 39. It’s just a fact of life that California has some pretty amazing marine life in it’s waters, such as great white sharks and seals, as well as sea lions. Some of them hang out at Pier 39. Check them out. This is an especially fun thing to do with kids if you’re visiting San Francisco if you’re visiting with your family.
- Hang out at Dolores Park. Everyone else who has a free-ish schedule does. Dolores Park is a favorite for those who live in the Mission District but really anyone really. Smack in a residential neighborhood, the park provides some beautiful views of downtown San Francisco. It’s known to be a park for people who are just wanting to chill out and relax, so why not take a break from your “touristing” and relax at Dolores Park.
- Enjoy a picnic at Palace of Fine Arts. Near the Golden Gate Park, you’ll find the Palace of Fine Arts. It’s quite a beautiful little area with a pond and swans and great architecture. Many locals enjoy picnicking in the area, so if you want to have a bite to eat after roaming around the park and exploring the bridge, this is the spot for you.
- Visit Chinatown. Chinatown is full of authentic shops and restaurants ,so if you’re all about the “real” food, then you’re going to want to visit this area. Fortunately, the prices aren’t exaggerated and you can fill up on a scrumptious meal before you continue on your way to explore the city.
San Francisco is one city that will always be worth visiting. So, if you’re thinking about visiting, the above things to do are great ideas if you’re traveling on a budget. Sure, there are some great restaurants in the area or experiences that do cost a hefty price but if you don’t mind skipping out those experiences, you’ll still find some pretty great things to do.
As you check out RV rentals and start planning your trip to San Francisco, consider looking up other things like affordable campsites and cheap eats so that you can save money and still have an amazing time at one of the most iconic spots in the U.S.